- Hayden Panettiere has signed a deal with Candie's in which the fashion brand will help promote the Heroes star's first single "Wake Up Call", Billboard reports.
- According to Hollywood Reporter, Adam Sandler's production company Happy Madison will produce a thriller called Shortcut under the name Scary Madison.
- The Associated Press has a report about this weekend's academic conference studying Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Variety has the news that Tucker Max's bestselling book I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell will be adapted for the big screen.
- Zap2it has Fox's updated Fall premiere dates, with shows now starting in September, not August.
- Brittany Murphy and Thora Birch will star in an indie psychological thriller titled Deadline, ComingSoon reports.
- Variety writes that F. Gary Gray will direct a biopic of Marvin Gaye called Marvin.
- Van Halen brought in more than $93 million touring with David Lee Roth, Reuters reports.
I think we just found the counterpart to this lazy bum. A whole night of partying left both of them in a sluggish morning funk. But the cat below ain't gonna let a wake-up call get in the way of his hangover. No sirree, bird. And he has a few choice words for the dude who dared to wake him. . .
While some people still rely on their giant digital alarm clocks for all their dreaded snooze interruptions, the serious geeks out there have turned to the internet for their wake-up calls. If you're looking to test out the web's wakey wakey services, I suggest iPing, which is a reminder hub that keeps track of your schedule and allows you to set notifications and calls to help you get out of bed, remember birthdays, or even take your medicine. The idea is similar to setting your smartphone calendar to remind you of events, but you receive an actual phone call.
I also like WakeUpLand, an online wake-up service that allows anyone with an ordinary touch-tone phone to set wake-up calls for a small fee, and Snoozester, which provides reminder calls. The Snoozester wake-up call service is touted as a "great way to stop oversleeping and start waking up on time" because it offers features such as repeating calls, a snooze button, fun Snoozester characters, and SecureAwake, a feature for heavy sleepers that calls you every three minutes (for up to 20 minutes) until you answer the phone to indicate that you are awake. You won't have any excuse to keep the carpool waiting.
This girl who's being woken up by her friend's grinding, be-thonged butt in her face is remarkably good-natured. A couple observations: 1) The girl in the thong is enjoying this a little too much and 2) Please notice the big bottle of vodka by the bedside.