Tough and brave, yes, but cute and bubbly? Not usually words we associate with superheroes. In time for your Comic-Con wardrobe, pop culture t-shirt shop We Love Fine's new line of chibi — a term used in anime to mean a small, cute character — t-shirts has just the right amount of sass for the upcoming convention. Add some Black Widow, Iron Man, and the rest of your crime-fighting favorites to your wardrobe when you read on.
Holy innuendo, Batman! Back in the day, comic books were a favored form of child's play, but who were we kidding? Judging from some of their — unintentionally? — suggestive situations, it's no wonder adults collected these cartoons, too. And don't get me started on the sexist lessons being taught here. As Superman enthusiasts will be hitting the theaters this weekend for Man of Steel, check out these inappropriate and sexist vintage comic book moments!
When it comes to fun, playful wedding ideas, a superhero theme is every comic fan's dream come true. Whether you're hoping for simple, subtle touches or all-out comic book mania, we've rounded up creative ideas to help you channel your favorite characters. From real wedding inspiration to affordable Etsy finds, here are 20 festive ways to channel your favorite superheroes on the big day.
Every little kid thinks that his dad has special powers — Crazy strength! Under-the-bed monster removal! — so why not treat him like the superdad he is with a luncheon inspired by old-school superheroes? Your party is just a few printables away! Dawn of Not Just a Mommy created an inspirational luncheon full of supersnacks and cool decor that all the dads and kids in your life will love. Keep clicking for all the details!
Summer is the season of superhero movies, and this Friday Superman himself returns to the big screen in the latest adaption starring Henry Cavill: Man of Steel. But saving the planet from villains is overrated; the superpowers that would really be useful would help a gal navigate the tricky dating and relationship world. We asked around to find out which superpowers would make your love life a force to be reckoned with, and lassoed up the creative ideas. Check out our 10 most-wanted love and sex superpowers:
- Issue Detector: The ability to see a guy's issues written on his forehead. Oh, I see you have mom issues — pass.
- Selective Telepathy: Reading a guy's mind at will — wouldn't it be nice to know what's going on in there once in a while? But I'm sure it could get boring if it was 24/7.
- Eternal Love Magic: You'd never get bored if the honeymoon phase of your relationship lasted forever!
- BS Detector: This could save you from going on that second date with a guy dishing out the lies. So "real estate broker" is your way of describing "unemployed"?
- Killer Looks: Dealing with a jerk? Use your dangerously good looks to blast him out of your life. Pow!
- Relationship Hindsight Vision: If you saw into the future of your relationship before it began, you could move on before getting attached.
- Language Decoder: Sometimes men can be of little words. This would help you decipher what he means!
- Sexy Skills: Lovemaking that's a 10 out of 10 all the time sounds like a great superpower! It'd probably give you super strength as well.
- Breakup Force Shield: This force shield would block you from the hurt, anger, and sadness of a bad breakup, reflecting the pain onto your ex. Kabam!
- Magnetic Attraction: Having trouble getting a date? Use this power to attract potential suitors.
Any more to add?
We're prepping for a long Summer season, so naturally, we're looking for a comparable swimsuit, and only those in honor of some crime-fighting heroes will fit the bill.
Whether you prefer bikinis or one-piece monokinis, these sassy numbers sport colors and logos of everyone's favorite superheroes, including Wonder Woman, Batman, and Captain America.
April 28 is National Superhero Day! My 21-month-old recently began calling herself "Super Mae," and while I'm not sure I should be encouraging her dreams to fly through the skies and walk through walls in the long term, for now, I'm quite happy to cheer on her new identity. If you have a budding super-little-man or -little-woman on your hands, too, get them in the hero game with one of the following 16 superhero finds for kids. From design-your-own capes and awesome wall art to stuffed hero toys, these finds will help your kids become super in no time.
This week marks the three-month countdown to Comic-Con, and while it's time to get started on a legendary cosplay outfit, sport your geek pride now with vintage Marvel comic-book cover iPhone 5 cases ($35).
The snap-on cases feature a choice of four covers from the premiere issues of Marvel comics that first introduced us to the characters we've gotten to know well in countless movies, Saturday morning cartoons, toys, and pajama sets. For cases adorned with vintage covers of the X-Men, Hulk, and Spider-Man, read on.
If you've got a mini superhero on your hands, you might as well join in on the fun and make sure they're outfitted properly. Thanks to everything from crime-fighting backpacks to bloomers, your little one's transformation from kid to superhero can take place in no time. Click through for playful pieces that put the zap!, pow!, and zam! into daily life.
We've seen our share of modern nurseries, retro nurseries, traditional nurseries . . . but we've never seen a nursery quite like this. When Cristi, the blogger behind Weeds to Wishes, found out she was having a baby boy, she and her husband concocted a completely original theme for him, and turned the baby-on-the-way's nursery into a comic book collector's dream room. Click through to see all of the awesome details that went into making a nursery fit for a super little man.