After accepting the fact that facial oils are actually good for your skin, what do you do next? We're giving you three easy ways to add an oil to your beautifying routine with smart tricks gleaned straight from the pros. Get your vial of oil ready, because there's no reason not to use it every day once you learn these tips.
The nude trend has dominated Spring style, from the red carpet to runway and editorial. Now it's time for us to really wear the trend. Extra bonus: there are tons of gorgeous nude pieces on sale right now, and they will be perfect to score now and wear this Spring and Summer. So click through our nude selection, all on sale.
While some may consider nude artwork or photography to be too intimate or revealing for their homes, other homeowners I know are more than happy to display a tasteful nude photograph or painting in their homes. Do you decorate with nude paintings? If so, do you keep them in public rooms or in more private spaces, such as the bedroom or bathroom?
Clockwise from top left: Capri Tights ($15), Patagonia Better Sweater Vest ($90), American Vintage Lychee Rib Tank ($35), Haute Hippie V-Neck Pocket Tee ($54), Adidas Cover Up Yoga Organic Hoodie ($100), Juicy Couture Ripstop Nylon Duffel Bag ($198), Diesel Essence Sneakers ($120), Belabumbum Pants ($22)
Nude has made a major comeback — the color, not your birthday suit — appearing on major designer runways like Phillip Lim, Chloé and BCBG, and inspiring many a fashion editorial. It's a versatile shade, subtly innocent until you mix it with bold colors; then it becomes a very sexy-without-trying-too-hard statement. Try mixing a Vanessa Bruno Athé top ($240) with red pants, or this Topshop blazer ($110) over a silver metallic tank and dressy black shorts. If you're a nude shoe fan, these Giuseppe Zanottii bowtie heels ($870) are one of those special purchases you'll treasure forever.
This week I asked what on earth would possess a person to send a nude photo to someone — and readers gave me tons of sexy and surprising answers. One thing I learned: if you're smart, you don't include your face! Here are some of the best explanations.
- It's a turn-on: "It turns me on to know I'm turning him on. I love receiving one's from him too. I feel a connection to him and I think it keeps things going quite nicely."
- To feel empowered: "I've done it. It can feel quite empowering with the right person. Once I was let down but that's life! In the summer I use naturist beaches and several beach friends from my secret beach have beach shots. They are just like normal holiday pics minus clothes!"
- To keep things interesting: "In my opinion it's one (of the many things) that keeps the relationship so fun. When I don't get to see him for a few days it makes me anxious to get my hands on him."
- You made a mistake: "No matter how many times I go over it in my head, I can't understand what really made me do it. But it comes down to this: Everyone makes mistakes, some worse than others because they stick around forever like nude photos, but it helps broaden your empathy for people who fall into things they promised themselves they'd never do."
- You've been drinking: "I recently sent a rather suggestive one to a friend while I was out drinking . . . completely covered (just cleavage), but probably not something I should have done."
- Why not?: "I'll never be famous. And if I am someday, I'm sexy and it's not taboo anymore to have nude pics floating around."
Anything to add?
Kate Bosworth, always a lady. She showed her pretty face to support Burberry designer Christopher Bailey's beauty launch. At a garden tea party in Beverly Hills, Kate wore a beige and gold sheer pre-Fall Burberry dress and neutral accessories. The tan belt breaks up the monochrome neutrals while a funky embellished bag adds a touch of whimsy. Tea time!
Check out CelebStyle for many more celebrity looks!
Goodbadnfab was snapped in the nude — and caught looking completely fabulous. The dress might be covered up, but nude tones make it a sultry selection, and a pair of wood-heeled platforms take it up a notch. These are neutrals with serious statement power and a whole lot of sex appeal.
Here's what she has on:
Congrats to Goodbadnfab!
Everyone else, submit your looks, and I might feature you on FabSugar!
Celebs including Jennifer Aniston, Kristen Bell, and Maggie Gyllenhaal have been spotted day to night wearing this season’s soft nude palette. Designers such as Isabel Marant, Chanel, and Marc Jacobs all displayed blush and beige tones in their runway shows. Watch to find out how to wear this au courant color!
This week, we asked you to show us nude can be sexy. This may seem like a no-brainer, because nude is intrinsically sexy, but we've been spying some more conservative pieces. We wanted something that would turn heads during the day as well as something noctivagant. Something slinky, seductive. Cake16 went there, her breezy nude ensemb is perfect for a Summer date. That button-down ivory Whitley Kros top is borderline lingerie, while the nude strappy sandals would show off anyone's legs. Gold jewelry flows perfectly with nude, and if there were ever a sexy bag, that YSL beige croc is it.