Today, Reddit users had the opportunity to ask Larry King some burning questions on the site's Q&A subsection — IAmA.
Today, Reddit users had the opportunity to ask Larry King
some burning questions on the site's Q&A subsection — IAmA
. Since leaving CNN, the 78-year-old cofounded Ora TV, a production company, with billionaire Carlos Slim. Larry King Now
, a new web series produced by his firm, recently debuted on Hulu.
Here are some of the more interesting quotes from King:
- The best piece of advice given to him: "Again, always be yourself. Every famous person I met had this advice. Never be afraid to be yourself, and never be afraid to take risks. People who don't take risks never go anywhere."
- The miles of suspenders he owns: "You'd have to calculate, but I do have 150 suspenders. I have a lot more ties than suspenders though."
- A time when he was scared during an interview: "I was in prison on Rikers interviewing a mother and son convicted of killing someone. Sante Kimes and Kenny Kimes. The way the son looked at me, had I not been surrounded by guards, I think he would have [killed] me."
- Going back to a time in his life: "It would be the day I started smoking, and I would have not started to smoke. I paid a heavy price for my tobacco enjoyment."
- What it's like to interview Malcolm X: "I really found him fascinating, bright. He taught me a lot about myself. I was always very liberal in the civil rights area, yet he made me think even deeper. He said to me 'You wonder what it's like to be young and never see yourself on TV. You're not in commercials, there's no black Santa Clause on the street. You're invisible.' That really struck me."
Read on for more.