Bachelorette parties are known to get a little wild, and celebrating the last single hurrah for a bride-to-be naturally lends itself to a sexy theme. So it's no surprise that E.L. James's erotic trilogy Fifty Shades of Grey makes the perfect bach-party inspiration. Handcuffs, masks, whips, and steamy games are just a few of the elements that, used creatively, will have partygoers giggling while celebrating the soon-to-be Mrs. (Christian Grey). Nipple-clamp cookies, anyone? Click on for more Fifty Shades of Grey bachelorette-party ideas!
The Fifty Shades of Grey cast is still one of the most-buzzed-about topics in Hollywood, and one actor, Stephen Amell, has addressed the rumor that he's up for Christian. Read what he said about his meeting with the studio, along with the comments of other stars like Emma Watson and Mila Kunis, who have recently addressed rumors or ideas that they could star in the sexy movie.
— Additional reporting by Becky Kirsch and Shannon Vestal
When Arrow's Stephen Amell paid a trip to The Tonight Show With Jay Leno this week, he addressed his involvement in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie adaptation. The actor previously teased it via Facebook, but this time he gives some more concrete details, including the fact that he's spoken about the project with the movie studio in charge. Amell also told Jay that he's "flattered if any movie role and my name are mentioned in the same sentence."
Watch the clip to get the scoop after the jump.
Video: True Blood Star Kristin Bauer van Straten Talks Alexander Skarsgard Joining Fifty Shades of Grey!
Twilight-inspired erotica is shaping up to be its own genre of literature. Beautiful Bastard is the latest steamy title to hit the bestseller list after beginning as Twilight fan fiction. Forget Edward Cullen and Isabella Swan or Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele — Bennett Ryan and Chloe Mills are the new hot couple overcome by forbidden love.
Beautiful Bastard is the creation of writing partners Lauren Billings and Christina Hobbs, who just signed a five-book deal with Simon & Schuster. Chloe is an intern at a major media conglomerate, and Bennett is the heir and executive who has returned from France to Chicago to take control of the company. The story first debuted online in 2009 with the title The Office and has since been reworked. The second book, Beautiful Stranger, is set to be released on May 28. And the film rights have already been acquired.
While not known for quality writing, many women couldn't resist reading Fifty Shades of Grey, if just out of curiosity. But is Beautiful Bastard worth your time? It is, according to Amazon, where the book has a four-and-a-half-star rating compared to Fifty Shades' three and a half. Of the 500-something reviews, one reads: "Beautiful Bastard is a wonderfully indulgent read. The authors did a fantastic job with plot, dialogue, and chemistry." But not everyone is impressed. Another reviewer writes, "I have read FAR better, far sexier, far more sensual (for that matter, far more filthy) sex scenes than what is offered up here."
Video: Gwyneth Paltrow’s Life-Threatening Miscarriage, Emma Watson Says No to Fifty Shades of Grey Movie, and More!
Kate speaks! Supermodel Kate Moss breaks her notorious media silence with a very sexy reading of Fifty Shades of Grey to raise money for charity — we've got the details on that and all her big career wins in fashion and beyond. Plus more split speculation for Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber's European meltdown continues and more headlines!
- Kate Moss raised over $300,000 for Comic Relief after reading an excerpt from Fifty Shades of Grey on the radio. [Telegraph]
- "I tried to approach the bottle design as I would when I dress a beautiful woman," Alexis Mabille said of the bottle he specially created for Cointreau. [Elle]
- Gucci has tapped Italian businessman Lapo Elkann to design a collection of made-to-measure clothing with creative director
FridaGiannini. [Vogue UK]
- Beyoncé is rumored to have asked Julien Macdonald to design the costumes for her upcoming Mrs. Carter tour. [Grazia UK]
- Steven Alan has opened its first home boutique in New York City. [T Magazine]
- Meanwhile, Thom Browne will debut his first flagship store outside of the US in Tokyo on Saturday. [WWD]
- GQ has announced the best new menswear designers in America, who will design capsule collections for Gap this October. [GQ]
- Leslie Fremar tops the list of Hollywood's 25 most powerful celebrity stylists, with Petra Flannery and Rachel Zoe following closely in spots two and three, respectively. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- John Malkovich has launched an exclusive collection of Summer clothing and accessories from his label Technobohemian. [Yoox]
- Karl Lagerfeld never lets his professional guard down — even when he sleeps. [Harper's Bazaar]
Kate Moss, notoriously private and rare giver of interviews, broke her silence today on behalf of BBC Radio 1's effort to raise money for the Comic Relief charity. But it wasn't any ordinary interview; Moss promised to read an excerpt from Fifty Shades of Grey if listeners helped to raise £200,000 (approximately $300,350), and so it came to be.
Aside from the fact that the British beauty was totally charming — even managing not to laugh until after she had finished reading — this is a new side of Moss we're seeing, a side that she's been showing off a lot more recently. She's rumored to be posing for the upcoming 60th anniversary Playboy cover, has stepped out to walk in the Louis Vuitton Fall '13 show, and more than ever, she's popping up everywhere, starring in Givenchy, Versace, Rag & Bone, Vivienne Westwood, and Stuart Weitzman's Spring campaigns, to start. Is this the turning of a new (Kate Moss) leaf? While she's been in the spotlight for over two decades, this feels like a very different kind of public persona she's putting forth, and we can't say we're complaining. Are you enjoying getting to know Fifty Shades of Kate?