You know the lede here, dear reader: Having a child inevitably changes your life forever.
You know the lede here, dear reader: Having a child inevitably changes your life forever. It's a deep, affirming, complicated and challenging adventure. Most of us say we want to buy a house, get in better shape and become better people before we become parents, but personal development and achieving smaller goals just for you
is also a significant quest.
Before you start planning for a pregnancy, testing strollers, and contemplating just how much your world will change, make a pre-parenting bucket list. It may take months and it may take years, but you'll never regret getting the regrets out of your system and you can start it whenever you want.
Here's a starter guide of things you should do pre-baby so you never miss the days of being a single lady. If you've already added to your brood, share what you intentionally crossed off your list before reading baby naming guides.
- Run risk-taking behavior out of your system.
- Be the life of the party.
- Zipline. Jump out of a plane. Get your motorcycle license.
- Splurge on a big-ticket item you probably couldn't justify when you have diapers and a college fund to think about.
- Challenge yourself to an athletic extreme: Run a marathon. Become a black belt. Take adult ballet.
Keep reading for the list of sexy and cool suggestions.