This week I asked what on earth would possess a person to send a nude photo to someone — and readers gave me tons of sexy and surprising answers. One thing I learned: if you're smart, you don't include your face! Here are some of the best explanations.
- It's a turn-on: "It turns me on to know I'm turning him on. I love receiving one's from him too. I feel a connection to him and I think it keeps things going quite nicely."
- To feel empowered: "I've done it. It can feel quite empowering with the right person. Once I was let down but that's life! In the summer I use naturist beaches and several beach friends from my secret beach have beach shots. They are just like normal holiday pics minus clothes!"
- To keep things interesting: "In my opinion it's one (of the many things) that keeps the relationship so fun. When I don't get to see him for a few days it makes me anxious to get my hands on him."
- You made a mistake: "No matter how many times I go over it in my head, I can't understand what really made me do it. But it comes down to this: Everyone makes mistakes, some worse than others because they stick around forever like nude photos, but it helps broaden your empathy for people who fall into things they promised themselves they'd never do."
- You've been drinking: "I recently sent a rather suggestive one to a friend while I was out drinking . . . completely covered (just cleavage), but probably not something I should have done."
- Why not?: "I'll never be famous. And if I am someday, I'm sexy and it's not taboo anymore to have nude pics floating around."
Anything to add?