Last year, the dimpled Don Jeanes was the star of Budweiser's Clydesdale Super Bowl ad, and this year he's back! We thought it couldn't get any cuter than the hot cowboy with a baby Clydesdale, but then this year's Budweiser Super Bowl ad threw in a puppy. Cuteness overload. But let's get to know the man behind the puppy. Here are five things I learned from my interview with Don Jeanes:
- He thinks horses make better wingmen than puppies: Don told me, "Don't get me wrong; I think cute puppies are awesome. But when it comes to having your own horse . . . 'Hey, do you want to go for a horse ride?' I think that would win every time."
- He's a real cowboy: And he has the chops to prove it. "I had a bucking barrel in my backyard growing up, and that led to bull-riding for about three or four months," Don said. "I can still rope, and I come from a long line of cowboys. My grandfather is still a cattle rancher in Texas. It's rodeo family."
- He can dance: Watch out ladies, he'll sweep you off your feet. "I spent most of my life on a cattle ranch, and actually I spent a lot of time in the dance hall. I can two-step a little better than you can think."
- He's kinda a softie, and it's adorable: When I asked him why baby Clydesdales so cute, he answered, "I don't know, but they are! Can I tell you something that was kinda crazy? When I was handling the baby Clydesdale in the stall, he was damp. And that's because they get so hot. You think that they're cold out there, but their fur is so thick that if they're indoors — anywhere kind of hot, they sweat. It was the cutest thing in the world."
- Last we checked, he's single: Clearly his career is a priority right now. Last Valentine's Day he was shooting a Kia commercial, and he said he'd prefer "pure acting" over The Bachelor.
Watch the adorable commercial below, and read my full interview with Don here.
And here's the ad that started it all: