Spring is officially here, and the new season is the perfect time to set out on some new dating endeavors. If you're heading out with friends to enjoy the pleasant weather, complementing your girlfriend adventures with online dates can hopefully add to the springtime fun. If you feel like your profile isn't working, or if you're getting loads of messages you're not into, you're in luck. I've got you covered with five fresh ways to breathe new life into a tired online profile.
- Get a new picture. Forget a picture of just your face. I know you think it's your best, but a potential suitor is going to want to see what you're working with. Whether you're a teeny tiny lady or you're rocking some gorgeous curves, a head shot without a body shot is a little bit of a red flag. You've got to flaunt it, especially since one study found women who show off "controversial" traits like tattoos or an imperfect nose, get more attention. To make the whole thing feel a little more fun, think about inviting some friends over, get all dressed up, start shooting some new profile pictures, and then hit the town.
- Get real. This may seem super obvious, but please, don't lie. Why would you want to set strange or unrealistic expectations of who you are — or what you're not — before you've ever met someone in the flesh? Go back into your profile with a keen eye, and pretend that you have a red pen. Take out all the things that sound or feel inauthentic, and in their place, say what's real. Put in your age and occupation, if you have kids, and most importantly, what kind of relationship you're actually looking for. Not what you think some hot dude wants to hear.
- Get confident. No need to be super humble here. As strange as it seems, you're trying to sell yourself a little bit here, sister. And get a little sexy! If you're not getting the kinds of responses you want, try putting yourself out there a little more. Talk about the things you love, what you're good at, and what you're really looking for in a relationship.
Keep reading for two more ways to spruce up your dating profile.
- Get a new username. Someone mundane or boring won't catch anyone's eye. If you're feeling like you're in an online dating rut, pick a creative username to show that you've got a little personality. Think about your hobbies and things you love and go from there. Remember to keep it light and sexy.
- Get positive. If you write down all the terrible things that have happened to you, how you can't seem to find a guy who will stick by you, or how you just can't get a date, it's going to sound negative and desperate. Neither of those things are going to help you on your online dating mission. Keep up your optimism and positivity; it's the only way you'll attract a guy worthy of the truly amazing you.
Any other tips for sprucing up your online dating profile? Chime in below!