Even with his English accent, Piers Morgan's questions for Condoleezza Rice sounded anything but sophisticated last night. The former secretary of state and national security adviser looked uncomfortable, as the Larry King replacement asked her the following questions:
- How have you avoided being snared in the marital trap?
- How close have you come? How many times?
- Do you hold out hope?
- Didn't you dream of a fairy tale wedding?
- You're quite a catch, aren't you?
- Are you romantic?
- In what way? How does it manifest itself?
- If I was going to woo you, how would I?
- I couldn't imagine you being a subservient wife. I'd imagine you being quite tough.
- Are you high-maintenance?
- If you were cooking me a meal what would you cook me?
Such appropriate questions for an accomplished public servant and academic, don't you think? Condi handled it with grace, saying that she always thought she'd get married, but it just never happened. You can see all her answers in the clip above.