New Year's Eve kisses can be hot and passionate, sweet and loving, or a complete disaster. You never know what to expect when you lock lips with someone new, which can be part of the thrill or part of the funny story to tell your girl friends the next day. Here's a quick rundown of seven kisses you might receive on New Year's Eve.
- A friend: Whether there is mutual, pent-up attraction or it catches you completely off guard, this kiss could be the key to knowing if you and your friend should take things to the next level (or if you should keep things platonic).
- A crush: If you've been eyeing someone for a while, now's the time to see if this lucky crush locks eyes (and lips) with you when the clock strikes.
- A random: It can be a hit or miss with a stranger, but avoid going for someone totally inebriated. There is a difference between a wild kiss and a vacuum.
See more NYE kisses.
- A significant other: All right, maybe it isn't your first kiss, but it is your first kiss of the new year . . . so if you are looking to reinvigorate your romance, release your inhibitions and kiss with totally a different style.
- An out-of-towner: Something about a ticking clock and a set time frame turns the heat way up. Why not broaden your kissing horizon and go for the British fellow or the Latino lover?
- A girl friend: A quick smooch on the lips with one of your girl friends is silly, attention grabbing, and an easy way to participate in the tradition.
- A dog: Well, maybe it wasn't the tongue you were hoping for, but a doggie companion is always happy to give you a kiss.