I have been working very hard to lose weight, but I can't seem to lose these last 10lbs. I've been exercising and eating right for a while now, but nothing seems to be happening. Is there something I should be doing that I'm not aware of? I am about ready to give up and I could really use any pointers you've got. 10 More Moira
To see DEARSUGAR's answer read more
Dear 10 More Moira
Don't give up - you've come this far! Losing weight is no small or simple task. It takes dedication and lots of hard work. You should be proud of however far you've come to improve yourself. I've got a couple of tips for you to incorporate into your everyday life. These things will become second nature before you know it and hopefully they will help you cross this finish line and reach your goal weight!
- Weigh yourself at the same time everyday for the first week and then once a week thereafter. Also use the same scale each time. Weigh in preferably the first thing in the morning after you've used the bathroom. Skip the week when you are experiencing bloating due to PMS or menstrual water retention; you won't get an accurate reading.
- Record your progress. Actually make a graph at the end of each week that compares your weight since you began. It has been said that if you see visually pleasing results (watching your weight go down) that you will be more likely to want to continue.
- Keep a log of everything that you eat -and don't cheat. I am telling you that this really has a profound impact on what you decide to snack on. Reading about 1 cupcake, 2 handfuls of chips, 20 M&M's etc... makes you realize why you aren't losing any weight.
- Take measurements of yourself. Use the inches side of a tape measure and note of the sizes of your waist, upper arms, hips, bust, and upper thigh. You will be pleased to see yourself shrinking (and you will notice where and why your clothing is looser).
- Walk everywhere. Adding some more walking to your usual day to day routine will burn more calories than you think and staying mobile active and will also help your metabolism
Understand that it's going to take several weeks to see changes, so be patient. Good luck.