Most men relish in their single days while many of us women feel LSE* (low self esteem) and OWL* (overwhelmed with life) when we don’t have anyone around to kiss our tears or watch Dancing With the Stars with. That is just silly, ladies! If you want to find love, that’s great (who doesn’t?) but until you do, we want you to start seeing your single life as a martini glass half full!
Here are our top five reasons to love this time of your life:
- No Remote Controlling: You can actually enjoy Dancing With the Stars without your man trying to steal the remote to put on Family Guy or sulking about wanting to watch The Departed for the 100th time.
- No Hairy Situations: Your bathroom sink is (hopefully!) free of sharp stubble that somehow sticks like glue to every possible surface, and you don’t have to listen to anyone (except possibly your roommate) complain about your long, luxurious hair getting caught in the drain.
- Food Fight Free: You don’t have to argue about what to eat for dinner every freaking night. Frozen yogurt and chardonnay is a completely acceptable dinner when you’re single.
- No Bad Sex: Sorry guys, but there is such a thing as bad sex! But if you’re not getting any, you don’t have to worry about this or deal with all of the messy things that come along with it like birth control, scary diseases, or the possibility of him rolling over and falling asleep right afterwards.
- Time Is on Your Side: This is your time to get to know yourself, improve relationships with your friends and family, and pursue your passions. Once you have a boy in your bed, it’s gonna be really hard to get out on a cold Sunday morning, so enjoy those 9 a.m. yoga classes while you can!