Fledgling Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has been using bizarre analogies to explain his opposition to gay marriage. At a recent campaign event Santorum said, "I can call this napkin a paper towel, but it is a napkin. Why? Because it is what it is. Right?" Jon Stewart did his best to explain Santorum's logic, saying he's making a slippery slope argument: "If people start using paper towels as napkins, what's next? Sleeves?! Drapes?!" But it's not just well-known anti-gay marriage politicians "defending" marriage. Jon points out that while the Obama administration calls the Defense of Marriage Act "indefensible," Obama's still enforcing it with sometimes cruel results. Watch the clip to see for yourself.
The Daily Show stopped by our hometown last night to find out why San Francisco failed to make the top 10 list of gayest cities in America, and how Minneapolis got the number one spot. SF, the home of leather and business establishments named after bad gay puns (The Sausage Factory Italian restaurant, for example), can't keep up with today's gays who enjoy baking banana bread, shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond, and other harmless activities. Watch Jason Jones investigate this shocking development (slightly NSFW!).
- Kristen Schaal calls out Congress for defunding Planned Parenthood — The Daily Show
- Apple to unveil the iPad 2 on March 2 — GeekSugar
- Beyoncé paints her face for French magazine — PopSugar
- Jared Loughner's new mug shot is just as creepy — Daily Mail
- Parody of Spider Man musical to open soon — New York Times
- India considering banning lavish weddings — Reuters
- Alexander McQueen exhibit previewed in London — Huffington Post
- Spider venom is the new viagra — Nerve
James Franco finds himself in a very familiar situation while waiting in the green room of The Daily Show.
James Franco smiled, waved, and signed autographs for fans on his way into an interview on The Daily Show in NYC yesterday. As one of the year's sexiest Academy Award nominees, James had a lot to celebrate, and he spoke to Jon Stewart about finding out about the nod on his way to class at Yale and his feelings about playing MC during the big show. Jon took his own turn on stage at the awards a few years back, and he shared a few words of wisdom with James. Franco and his cohost Anne Hathaway posed for a few glamour shots with Oscar and he added his sincere thanks to the list of celebrity nomination reactions. James is one of the busiest actors in Hollywood all while continuing his work towards a PhD, and he's also coming off a wild weekend at Sundance where he debuted his multimedia art project Three's Company: A Drama. Stay tuned for a peek at that piece on PopSugar Rush!
- Meghan McCain dishes on politics and Palins on The Daily Show — Comedy Central
- Judge declares "don't ask, don't tell" unconstitutional — LA Times
- Spider-Man will be the most expensive Broadway show in history — New York Times
- Playmate attempts to open door of plane midflight — Fox News
- Everything you need to know about the Joaquin Phoenix documentary — BuzzSugar
- Look back at the most memorable moments from the VMAs — PopSugar
- Bachelorette Ali joins local San Diego news team — US Magazine
Drew Barrymore stopped by The Daily Show in NYC yesterday to talk Going the Distance before its release next Friday. She arrived in a bright purple skirt and army shirt but switched into jeans and a floppy hat as she signed autographs and greeted her fans on the way out. Drew, who had some harsh words for a nosy interviewer in the UK, was in great spirits catching up with her old friend Jon Stewart. The host grilled her on whether she is currently on or off romantically with costar Justin Long, but Drew refused to spill. She teased, "I may be, I may not be. I don't know!" Whether or not the duo are currently together, they're clearly close and have gotten cozy on the red carpet during their premieres in LA and London.
To see more pictures of Drew, just read more
Angelina Jolie understands that she and Brad Pitt are lucky to be raising their kids together, Jon Stewart recalls an awkward date he went on with Jennifer Aniston, and LeAnn Rimes sings on TV in her bikini! Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for all the latest celebrity gossip!