I recently told you what happens during a female orgasm, but did you know that not only does an orgasm feel absolutely amazing, it's good for you too? Check out the health benefits for having orgasms...
- Sex relieves stress and tension. When you have an orgasm, your heart rate and blood flow increases. All your muscles tighten and flex and then completely relax after you climax, leaving your mind feeling calm and free of worries.
- Relieving stress from sex can also make us feel happy and less depressed. Getting busy could be a natural alternative to taking anti-depressants.
- All that increased blood flow is also good for our organs and circulatory system. It increases the supply of oxygen to our cells and stimulates healthy organ functioning, which could help us live longer.
Click here to read more
- Making love burns calories (can you think of a more fun way to workout?).
- Having an orgasm right before you go to bed will help you sleep. Orgasms act as a natural tranquilizer -- the release of endorphins is very calming and getting a good night's sleep can make you feel more prepared to deal with any problems you face during your day.
- Releasing those endorphins can also alleviate pain from a headache or cramps. Guess that puts an end to the age - old "headache" excuse?!?
- Sex also calms your cravings for junk food. Sexual stimulation triggers production of a natural amphetamine in your body called phenetylamine, which regulates your appetite.
Well, there you have it, you know, just in case you needed some more reasons to get it on!!