Reggie Love is Barack Obama's body man. What is a body man you ask? The personal assistant responsible for shadowing the presidential candidate making sure he has everything he needs, and nothing he doesn't like.
Today's New York Times profiled the 26-year-old former Duke basketball and football player. Reggie gave the inside scoop from the campaign trail:
- Reggie and Barack start the day with a dawn workout and end it winding down to SportsCenter, during which Barack flosses his teeth.
- Barack does not like mayonnaise, salt and vinegar potato chips, asparagus, or soft drinks (just water, please).
To see what Reggie always has on hand for Obama, and more Reggie Love info, read more.
- Reggie always keeps a supply of the senator's must-haves: MET-Rx chocolate roasted-peanut protein bars, and bottles of organic Black Forest Berry Honest Tea.
- If limited food options are available, a cheddar cheeseburger is the go-to option.
- Talking heads are banned. The pair never watches CNN or MSNBC.
Obama also gave the newspaper the inside scoop on Reggie, who gave "the boss" a silver nano iPod for his 46th birthday. Obama told the NY Times:
“So I’ve gotten pretty fond of Jay-Z,” Mr. Obama said. “He’s broadened my horizons in the hip-hop world.” In turn, Mr. Obama said he had gotten Mr. Love into “everything from John Coltrane to Frank Sinatra. I think he’s got the most eclectic music of any 26-year-old.” the senator said.
Do you think a body man like Reggie Love gives Barack the advantage he needs? Are you ready to elect a president that doesn't enjoy asparagus?