When it comes to using condoms, there are some great benefits, but there are also some drawbacks. Personally, I think condoms have a bad reputation. People hate that they can decrease feeling, but they can also make sex last longer, which is obviously a total plus! To check out our chart to see just how good and bad condoms are, click here to read more
- They prevent pregnancy when used correctly (they're 85 percent effective).
- They can prevent STIs like HIV when used correctly.
- They're fairly inexpensive and easy to buy.
- They're easy to use.
- There are many kinds, colors, sizes, and flavors to choose from.
- If the woman has a latex sensitivity, polyurethane condoms are a great alternative.
- They don't affect your menstrual cycle, mood or weight like hormonal birth control can.
- They can help a guy last longer.
- They collect the man's semen, so the woman doesn't have to worry about it spilling out of her.
- They can be unromantic and ruin the mood when you have to interrupt foreplay to put one on.
- They can decrease sensitivity for both the man and the woman.
- Some women have a sensitivity to latex, which is the material that the majority of condoms are made of.
- Some condoms contain the spermicide Nonoxynol-9, which can cause irritation.
- The condom can fall or it can tear, resulting in possible pregnancy.
What do you think about condoms? Are you a fan or do you prefer a different form of birth control? Tell me in the comment section below.