Do you have a hard time saying no to co-workers, friends, or family members? If so, you're not alone! The older we get, the harder it seems to stand your ground. Here are some pointers to help you be bold and strong when the time is right.
Click here to read more
- Before you say yes or no to someone or something, think the situation through and clearly understand what is being asked of you
- Everyone loves to hear the word yes and it's always much easier to please than to disappoint, but if you always aim to please, chances are you are going to get taken advantage of
- Many people fear saying no for no good reason, so ask yourself what's the worst thing that will happen if you do say no
- Having the ability to speak the truth and make your own decisions can be extremely powerful and rewarding so embrace the right to choose
- Being upfront and honest from the get go is extremely important. No one likes it when people go back on their word or make wishy washy promises
- While it is easier to say no to someone or decline an invitation over the phone or via e-mail, it is much more respectful to do it in person
I hope these tips help -- while it is easier to be a yes woman, remember to put your needs first!