- Phone a friend. I always have a friend check in with me after the first twenty or thirty minutes I'm out on a first date. It's great to have that safety net when you don't know someone. It also gives you an easy out if you need one. Tell your date that your friend has an emergency and needs your support. He'll get the picture.
- Spill. But please, not on the poor guy you barely know. Spill some water on yourself and make the move to head home. They'll be no arguing with that.
- Ask if you can blog about it. Ask him if it's cool if you write about your first encounter on your blog. Yes, this one might earn you a few crazy points, but it's sure to do the trick!
- Be on call. Look at your phone and say there's an issue at work you have to deal with. You can't argue with a girl who's attached to her job.
- Be honest. You have nothing to hide. You're a confident woman, and you know what you want. It's just not this guy. No need to be rude or hurtful; simply tell your date that it was nice meeting him, but you're not feeling it. Call it a night or head over to your next adventure. Just do your best not cross paths with the dud.