Getting new neighbors can be a lot of fun, that is if you get the quiet, respectful kind! One way to start the neighborly relationship off on the right foot is to welcome them with open arms. For some ideas, click here to read more
- Be friendly but not over bearing
- Don't be too aggressive when they first move in — remember they are probably quite busy and overwhelmed getting organized
- Once you have given them a few days to get settled, ring their doorbell and introduce yourself
- Host an intimate dinner party with other neighbors so everyone can meet and get to know each other
- Send them a goodie bag with the essentials you need when you move: a bottle of wine of course, snacks in case they haven't gotten a chance to go to the store yet, a restaurant guide of your favorites in the neighborhood, the necessary tools to get a house in good shape that they might have forgotten (a hammer, push pins, scissors, duct tape, etc)
Good luck with your new neighbors!