We have all woken up on the wrong side of the bed, I'm sure more than once, but instead of giving into a bad day, here are some tips on how to re-start your morning.
Click here to read more
- Don't snooze your alarm clock. In my opinion, snoozing makes you lazy for the rest of the day. It also can add a level of stress to your morning routine if those extra 10 minutes in bed made you late for work.
- As soon as your alarm goes off, mentally plan out your morning and try to do something nice for yourself. Stop to get coffee and your favorite muffin if you are already dreading the morning. Giving yourself something to look forward to will lessen the sting of your bad day.
- Hydrate. Our bodies wake up dehydrated, which can cause fatigue and effect your mood, so drink a couple glasses of water as soon as you wake up to jump start your morning.
- If you wake up grumpy, exercise. If you don't have time for a full fledged gym workout, take a quick walk around the block, do some sit ups or push ups at home, do a quick exercise video, anything to get your heart pumping so you can reduce tension and increase your energy level.
- If you woke up thinking about something specific, don't dwell on it. Get to the root of the problem and if you can, deal with it head on so you don't wake up the next day on the wrong side of the bed too.
- Have a sense of humor about it. Sometimes when it rains, it pours, so try to laugh at yourself. When I have a really bad morning, I usually call a friend and make light of just how miserable my morning was so I can get it out and just have a laugh at it. Give it a try and see if it works for you!
These are my methods, do you have any?