One of the most important things about your wedding, and the parties leading up to the special day, are the photos that you will have forever. We all know a picture says a thousand words so I am here to help you get ready to say cheese!
Click here to read more
- Since it is your wedding day, you already have one advantage; happiness paired with a natural glow, so chances are you won't have a hard time smiling for the camera
- Posture is key. Standing up straight will elongate your entire body making you look taller and more elegant. Pull your shoulders up and back, slightly push your chest out, gently suck/flatten your stomach and keep your chin up
- Turning partially to the side will create a slimmer line. Place your weight on your back foot, but point your front foot towards the camera
- While you smile, push your face slightly forward/out to prevent a double chin
- If you are self conscious about your arms, as most woman are, put one hand on your hip or rest your arms slightly away from your body. You want to create a break from your sides/hips so your arms don't flatten out on your body
- Practice your pose in the mirror. You want to look your best in all your wedding pictures, so just like everything else, practice makes perfect
- Since you are bound to have many group shots, make sure you and the groom are in the center of the photos and never face the camera straight on. Stand slightly at an angle
- While I am sure you will be tanned, made up and dressed to impress, good undergarments, such as Spanx, will go a long way. Don't be too made up or too tanned as it will most likely not photograph well
I hope these tips are helpful the next time you want to pose like a star!