Meeting new guys is not all that hard — just head out to your local pub for a drink and smile a lot! But meeting quality people who you’d actually want to interact with sober and introduce to your friends is another matter entirely. And while throwing out suggestions like going to a bar or starting up conversations at your gym can be helpful for some, most of us have been there and done that. In an attempt to broaden our horizons, I’ve tried to think outside the dating box. To see my new ideas, just read more.
- Get the word out there. Email your friends and ask your mom to talk to her friends. It may sound desperate, but try to think of it as practical. At least you know they’ll all be looking out for your well-being.
- Do the online dating thing. I know for some the idea of meeting someone online seems weird or even embarrassing, but the days of online dating as taboo are over! Embrace the tools you have at your disposal, because you won't know until you try!
- Try a dating event like a singles' night or a speed dating dinner. They may not have the highest success rates, but you’ll know everyone there is looking for a relationship, and that, my friends, is potential.
- Take a class. School is one of the best places to meet new people. You’re forced to interact on a weekly basis without the stresses and pressures of work. Plus, you might actually learn something!
- And finally, say yes to the strange requests from your friends and family. Like when your mom asks you to go to her best friend’s sister’s son’s birthday, do it. Or when your friend wants to go to a themed party, go for it. These are the random occasions that make up the stories that start with “It was totally unexpected . . .”
Yes, it’s all about taking chances, but why not? We’re not talking brain surgery here!