Do you love the way your hair looks after stepping out of the salon? If so, you're not alone. Since top stylists book up so quickly and many women struggle with mimicking a professional blowout, we have to make our fresh look last as long as possible. Here are some tips on how to keep your salon hair fresh for days!
Click here to read more
- Although you don't have the height or angle your stylist does when he or she blow dries your hair, ask him or her to give you some pointers, or even a lesson, so you can achieve the same look at home
- Tell your stylist that you want your blow dry to last for a few days and ask he or she to use minimal or no product in your hair to prevent it from getting greasy
- Even if you want your hair to be straight as an arrow, stay away from the flat iron unless you have extremely curly hair
- The iron, mixed with your hair's natural oils will make your hair flat within a day or two so stick with a regular blowout so your hair will have body
- Stay away from moisture as your hair will begin to frizz or curl if it gets wet or damp
- Use a shower cap when you shower
- If you want to keep your hair out of your face, use a clip or barrette versus a rubber band to avoid making a dent in your hair
- If your hair gets oily and you aren't ready to lose your salon look just yet, opt for dry shampoo to touch up your roots and add body
- If you sweat in your sleep, pin your hair away from your neck, but in a clip, remember
Hopefully with practice, you can master the salon technique at home, but until then, I hope you find these tips helpful. As always, if I have missed anything, please feel free to comment below.