If you wear black clothing, which I am sure you all do from time to time, chances are you have fallen victim to annoying deodorant marks on your favorite top or dress. In this How-To Lounge, I am going to share some tips that I find helpful when I notice white streaks up and down my clothing!
Click here to read more
- Although most deodorants advertise "goes on clear", don't be fooled, you still need to be careful with your application before hitting the streets
- If you are wearing a tank top or an open necked top, put your deodorant on after you have gotten dressed, obviously deodorant marks on the inside of your garment aren't the end of the world, just make sure not to forget it all together!
- Depending on how you put on your clothing, deodorant marks could be hard to see, so make sure you take a good look in the mirror
- Try rubbing the fabric of your top against itself. Using the same fabric tends to take the stain right out
- Another trick that has been successful for me is using the foam protectors found on your dry cleaner's hanger. Rubbing that blue foam on the stain quickly removes any white streaks. If you are looking for a more chic eraser, try Gal Pal Garment Deodorant Remover Pads. They are reusable and come in adorable packaging!
- I have heard that a nylon stocking is a great fast and easy way to wipe the mark clean off your clothes
- If you don't mind having a wet spot on your outfit before you go out, dampen a washcloth, add a bit of mild soap, Ivory or Dove, wash the streaks off, and rinse. Repeat if necessary
If you have any other home remedies that I have not touched upon, please share them in the comments below.