Now that summer is technically over, it's time to rely on your self tanning lotion to keep your summer glow alive. If you have trouble staying in the lines so to speak, here are some tips to fix your streaky tan lines. Click here to read more
- Be proactive and try your hardest to apply your self tanner as evenly as possible
- If you do have unwanted streaks, soak a cotton swab in lemon juice and literally erase your mistakes. The citric acid in the lemon juice acts as a natural skin lightener and exfoliater
- Baking soda is another natural way to exfoliate and takes self tanner off skin to reveal your natural color underneath. Massage the baking soda into your damp skin and rub it in with gentle circles
- If your face is streaky, try using an alcohol free toner or make up remover
- For the bottom of your feet or hands, use body hair bleach and if you're trying to clean up your ankles or elbows, douse a cotton swab with hydrogen peroxide and wipe clean (test a small patch first to make sure it doesn't irritate your skin)
- Soaking in the tub and gently exfoliating should also do the trick
Do any of you have other tricks that work for you? Remember, self-tans don't last forever so be patient and shower as much as possible!