I LOVE getting my nails done; I always feel clean and put together when my nails look perfect. On the flip side, there is nothing worse than chipping a nail right after you get home from the salon. While I follow every tip to help keep my manicure from lasting as long as possible, chips do happen so here are some tips to help cope with a ruined manicure!
Click here to read more
- Obviously the best thing to do is pop into the nail salon if you chip your nail and have them re-paint it
- If it's a slight smudge and your nails are still damp, dab a bit of remover on the tip of your nail and carefully smooth it out. Be sure not to get too much on your application finger or else you will end up taking polish off both fingers
- If you tend to use the same color over and over again at the salon, buy yourself a bottle and keep it at home for touch ups. If your bag is big enough, carry the bottle with you for chips on the go
- If you're not keen on carrying a bottle of polish with you, at least carry a nail file. If you chip your polish, simply file your entire nail down until the chipped part is gone
- A slightly chipped nail is excusable, but only for that day - once you get home, either fix it accordingly or take off your polish altogether. There is nothing worse than a manicure that has clearly passed its prime
I hope these tips are helpful and if you have any to share, please do so in the comments below!