It's Monday morning and you had a big weekend... are you still feeling the effects of all the alcohol you drank? Chances are you have suffered from a bad hangover on a day where you need to look your best and be on your toes, so hopefully these tips will help cure the product of the previous night.
Click here to read more
- Since alcohol will dehydrate you, make sure to load up on water throughout the day and alternate every alcoholic drink with a glass of water. Most importantly, load up on water before you go to bed and keep a full glass next to your bed
- Never drink on an empty stomach. Opt for foods rich in carbohydrates and fat as fatty foods slow the absorption of alcohol
- Avoid cheap booze; stick with top shelf alcohol. It might be more expensive but it will be well worth it the next morning
- Pace yourself and know your limits
- Your skin will also feel the effects of dehydration from alcohol, so before you go to bed, slather on face moisturizer to prevent that dry feeling when you wake up
- Since drinking causes puffiness around your eyes, try sleeping on an extra pillow and don't forget eye cream
- Even if you are running late the next morning, don't skip your morning shower. Since alcohol resides in your pores, the steam from your hot shower will help sweat out the alcohol and the smell
- If you wake up with a headache, take ibuprofen and eat a hearty breakfast. Sports drinks like Gatorade will help re-hydrate your loss of electrolytes
- The best cure from a long night is rest, so make sure to listen to your body
Even if you follow every preventative measure, if you drink too much, you will have a hangover. I hope these tips help, and remember, never drink and drive, and always drink responsibly.