With all the lotions and soaps women use on a daily basis, our jewelry can get really dirty. Here are some tips to help clean your jewels in a safe way.
Click here to read more
- Before you clean your jewelry, make sure there are no loose stones or settings
- For diamonds, gold and gem stones, use a nonabrasive cleaner, which can be purchased at any jewelry store or a simple mixture of mild soap and warm water will do the job just as well
- Dip your jewelry into either solution and use your fingers to wipe your pieces clean. Rinse with warm water, and I highly advise you to plug your sink just to be safe!
- Buff dry with a soft cloth until sparkly clean!
- For silver pieces, simply use a nonabrasive silver polish. Dab the polish on a soft cloth and wipe your jewelry clean
- Keep in mind that the more you wear your silver jewelry, the less tarnished it will get
- Do not get pearls wet - it's best to wipe them with a damp cloth
- Jewelry designer Temple St. Clair has a great home remedy that she swears by to clean her precious gold, platinum, silver, and gem stone pieces: mix 1/4 tablespoon of ammonia with 1/2 tablespoon of mild dishwashing soap. Soak the jewelry for a few minutes and gently polish with a soft bristled toothbrush and rinse clean
- Rumor also has it that Windex works wonders when shining up your diamond ring
If you have any other great DIY remedies, please share them below!