Now that summer is in full swing, are you thinking that you should have stuck to your diet after all? Well, if so, you're not alone! Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind before you start your diet this summer.
Click here to read more
- Make a commitment. You have to be 100% ready to make a change in your lifestyle or else you will set yourself up for failure. Lean on friends and family for support
- Don't starve yourself or you will end up binging and causing more set backs in your diet plan
- Load up on water. Oftentimes you think you are hungry when you are really only thirsty
- Never skip a meal and don't go too long without eating or you will be more inclined to overeat at your next meal
- Make sure to eat breakfast, even if you're not hungry. A piece of fruit, toast, anything to get your metabolism working early in the morning will make a huge difference. If you are a breakfast person, choose eggs as your first meal of the day -- they have been proven to help dieters lose weight
- Keep healthy snacks at work, at home, and in your purse if you spend a lot of your time on the road. Opt for high protein foods with the "good kind of fat" so you will stay fuller, longer. Nuts, lean meats, veggies, fruit, etc. will do the trick
- The summer is a great time to start a diet since summer fruits and veggies are naturally tasty and sweet. Try to eat meals full of color!
- Try to avoid late night eating and never deprive yourself of your favorite foods, just eat them in moderation
- Be aware of your portions and try to eat meals rich in protein and veggies, lighter on carbs. If you dine out regularly, be aware of sauces. If you can, ask for dressings on the side so you can monitor your portions and stay away from high caloric drinks
- Alcohol is a big factor when it comes to dieting. Alcohol is high in calories so cut back when you can
Dieting is not easy, so if you have a slip up, don't let it get you down and don't be too hard on yourself. Having a few minor slip ups won't be the end of the world so just pick right up where you left off. For some more great dieting tips from my good friends at FitSugar, just click here.