Even if my favorite holiday wasn't right around the corner, I think I'd have a hard time resisting these button-cute baby ghost soaps. The Mini Ghost Soap Set ($4) is half Pac-Man ghosts and half Snoopy's rendition of a ghost from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, but 100 percent too sweet. Would you consider making your bathroom more festive with these little guys or is seasonal soap just silly?
Yesterday, Patrick Swayze tragically passed away at the age of 57. To celebrate his life and acting career, I've compiled my favorite movies and TV appearances by Swayze. From his iconic role in Dirty Dancing to smaller roles that made me smile, enjoy the bright moments of a truly memorable career.
- Chris Rock will join Martin Lawrence and Tracy Morgan for Neil LaBute's remake of the 2007 British film Death at a Funeral. — Zap2It
- Amy Winehouse is pulling out of the lineup for this year's Coachella festival. — Billboard
- Little People, Big World is getting a spinoff about a newly married couple. — Variety
- Julia Roberts will produce the comedy Jesus Henry Christ, which follows Henry James Hermin, a boy conceived in a petri dish and raised by a loving, left-wing feminist. — ComingSoon
- Molly Parker and Nate Corddry will play Sarah Michelle Gellar's siblings in the HBO pilot The Wonderful Maladies. — Zap2it
- Ryan Phillippe and Malin Akerman will star in the indie drama The Bang Bang Club, set in apartheid-era South Africa. — ComingSoon
- The 1990 movie Ghost will get the Sleepless in Seattle treatment and be turned into a stage musical aiming for a West End opening in 2010. — Variety
- Jericho will continue its life as a comic book. — The Futon Critic
Everyone has a theory about what happens after you pass away. Some feel that you go to heaven, some believe you are reborn again, and some people think that when you die, your spirit dies too. Then there are those who think that your spirit lives on as a guardian angel, and that spirits are found among people who are still living.
I've never had a personal experience with a spirit, but my mother has. One time, when I was 11 or 12, my mom and I were in the kitchen and she told me she could feel her sister's spirit in the room. I got shivers because her sister had passed away a few years before. It definitely freaked me out to think that my aunt's ghost was walking around the kitchen with us, but it comforted my mom.
So I'm wondering, have you ever had a supernatural experience? Have you ever felt the presence of a deceased friend or relative? Or do you think there are no such things as spirits?
An attendant at this Ohio gas station recently spotted a mysterious blue presence hovering on the surveillance video footage of the pumps outside. Locals and camera crews got wind of this discovery and stopped by to get spooked. Was it a paper bag? A deceased "Indian" chief? The ghost of cheap gas prices? No one knows for sure...(Methinks it's the ghost of a slow news day!)
This week, Lush is introducing Charity Pot ($19.95), a hand and body lotion. I'm going to buy it not just because it's new, but because every penny of proceeds is going to a selection of worthy causes including Clean Ocean Action, International Fund for Animal Welfare, and UNICEF's United for Children, Unite for AIDS program. What's more, it's made with fairly traded cocoa butter from the Ivory Coast and the Dominican Republic. And like all of Lush's products, there's no animal testing involved.
Along with the cocoa butter, Charity Pot contains natural ingredients such as gardenia extract and oils of geranium, ylang ylang, and almond oil. I'm definitely planning to check this out, but I might wait a week or two because there's another new product coming soon. To find out what it is, read more
Here's another ghost clip to get your blood pumpin'. While Betty Crocker here is making dinner for the evening, she notices a strange phenomenon-- the beans spilled on the floor are in conversation with the refrigerator magnets across the room. Spooky! But this haunted house turns into a fun house when we realize that the second-rate ghosts involved really need to get their "act" together. (Thanks, i am bored!)
Some folks installed a hidden video camera to monitor the babysitter--and it caught some eerie goings on. (Word to the wise: you may want to turn up the lighting in your room and grab someone to watch along with you!)