Sometimes it seems like we spend so much time focusing on new ways to go on a date or enjoy time with our guy that we forget there's an entire world of ideas for spending time with just our girlfriends. So in support of hanging with your ladies, I've come up with some ideas to make for a memorable time. But feel free to weigh in with other ideas of your own!
- Host a good old-fashioned cocktail party with a signature drink and appetizers. Spice it up by asking your friends to each bring their favorite dessert. When you're not munching on finger foods, you can indulge your sweet tooth.
- Get active. Slip on your tennis shoes and hit the courts, or pick a safe trail in your town and go for a hike. If guys can have pick-up football games, why can't girls have impromptu sunset strolls?
- Take turns giving dinner parties and trading recipes. It's a fun way to bond and learn something new!
- Since most of us are trying to save money or can't take a few days off work for a vacation whenever we feel like it, try saving up to splurge on a cabin or house by the beach for a weekend together. It's a great way to actually relax for a while.
- Try something completely out of your element! You can take a group self-defense class or sailing lessons. Exploring something new together is a great way to bond with your girls!
- Throw an in-home dance party. You don't need a DJ or a full bar, just an iPod and your favorite bottle of wine. There's nothing like getting completely silly with your friends when there's no one around to watch!
To see my other ideas, just read more.
And don't forget the Sex and the City night fall-back plan when all else fails. All it takes is a couple hours of good girl talk and a few hearty laughs to create the perfect get-together with your friends!