In Kisstory: A Sweet and Sexy Look at the History of Kissing, Joanne Wannan notes that French kissing has numerous synonyms around the world. Some are vague and others vulgar, but none have anything to do with French. Here are some of the most popular and weird.
- Australia/New Zealand: pashing, which probably originated from passion
- India: English kiss
- England: snogging, making it sound like a lot more than a kiss
- Bosnia: žvaka, which translates to "bubblegum"
- Ireland: to shift
- Maldives: angabuin, which translates to "mouth sucking"
- Newfoundland: whomping, which translates to nothing
- South Africa: vry, tong in die long, literally meaning "tongue in the lung"
- Iceland: informally, it's called fara í sleik, which is "go into licking"
- Peru: agarrar or chapar, which both mean "to catch," or pescar, which means "to fish"
Have any to add?