Every so often we can feel down on our luck. Maybe it's just a passing mood or maybe it's a particularly bad string of events, but sometimes in this hectic life we just need a pick-me-up. Here are some of my quick mood boosters when the going gets tough. Check them out and see if you agree!
- Have a latte! The simplicity of a good espresso drink cannot be beat. Pair it with a walk outside and you have a cheap pick-me-up that's good for a dreary afternoon.
- Dine on popcorn and Red Vines. I have a thing for movie-theater treats, and I always feel better after a couple hours of munching and a light-hearted movie.
- Play with a puppy. I'm a sucker for pups, but most of the time I can't actually get to one when I need one. Fortunately, puppy pics or videos usually do the trick. So when I'm in a sour mood, but stuck behind my computer, I'll opt for a good 10 minutes of puppy viewing!
- Enjoy a chocolate-chip cookie. What's better than the smell of homemade cookies? Eating homemade cookies, of course! I love to get my bake on when I'm gloomy. Cookies and milk do a mood good.
- Get active. I'm going to be honest with you, I don't love to work out (sorry, Fit!), but I do love how I feel afterwards. If I can drag my behind out the door, I'm sure to feel better when I get back home.
To see my final ideas and add your own just read more.
I know everyone has their own way of cheering themselves up, so what's yours?