Good morning politics fans! We're up bright and early and raring to go — the convention is a like a politico's Olympics and Super Bowl all rolled into one, and we have big plans today:
- We have an interview with Tom Sheridan, an expert on celebrity activism.
- Morgan Spurlock is giving a Q&A on Where in the World is Osama bin Laden.
- We're checking out the Google and Huffington Post "retreats" for political bloggers. After all even the New York Times says this is the year of the blogger.
- Nancy Pelosi, Michelle Obama, Jimmy Carter — and I hear rumors of a live appearance by Ted Kennedy — are all speaking tonight on the convention floor.
- Rock the Vote's Ballot Bash featuring Fall Out Boy is tonight
- Planned Parenthood is hosting a "Sex and Politics" cocktail party that we hear Aisha Tyler and Ashley Judd will be attending.
Check back as the day goes on and we'll keep you updated you on our adventures! Oh and those tornadoes that hit Denver as soon as the convention opened? I'm sure that wasn't a sign. . . right?