I am a morning person, but not everyone is. Many of my friends hit snooze until that last possible second and then drag themselves out of bed. Does this sound like you? If so, besides your morning cup of coffee, give these techniques a try.
- Sleep with your window shades open: Even if the sun is shining outside, you'll have no idea if you are sleeping in cave-like darkness.
If you keep your curtains slightly open, as the sun rises outside, it will gently pour into your bedroom and gradually wake you up.
- Snooze on purpose: Set your alarm at least 40 minutes before you actually have to wake up. That way, you can snooze and get your body and mind used to the idea that soon I'll have to get out of bed.
- Exercise in the morning: If you can, set your alarm even earlier so you can get up and go for a walk, or jog, or pop in a workout DVD. By doing something you want to do, you won't be so aggravated about having to wake up.
- Stop eating 2 hours before bedtime: Not only is this good for sleeping, but it's a great tip for maintaining your weight. So when you wake up, your hungry belly will inspire you to get up and fill it with breakfast.
Want to know what else may help? Then read more
- Avoid caffeinated beverages, spicy foods and alcohol late at night: They'll prevent you from getting a sound sleep so you'll end up waking up tired.
- Get to sleep an hour or two earlier: You may be tired in the morning because you're not getting enough sleep.
- Avoid taking naps during the day: If you take a power nap in the late afternoon, you won't feel tired when it's bedtime and your sleep patterns will get out of whack -- It's a vicious cycle you don't want to start.
Dear's Advice: If you're not a morning person, there's really nothing you can do to change that - it's part of your personality. Hopefully some of these tips can help make your mornings a little less traumatic. Be sure to let me know if there are any other tips that have worked for you and together we can conquer the mornings!!