I have a wonderful life, but I just need somewhere to vent. I shouldn't complain about work because I was just promoted to manager, I have a cute two bedroom condo and a gorgeous Yorkshire Terrier as a roommate. Yet life feels like the same day in and day out pattern. Occasionally I'll go on a date or meet a friend for dinner/drinks, but basically everyday I have the same routine.
I work in a corporate office about 15 miles from home. To save money, I usually pack my lunch and eat in my cube and talk to co-workers. Around 7:00pm, I pack up and head home, driving the same tired route and usually picking up some take out. Then I walk my dog, watch TV, and go to bed.
I need some spice in my life. I am not looking for anything super wild or adventurous and I am a happy person, I guess that I am just feeling a little bored lately. Can you help? Bored Jordan
To see DEARSUGAR's answer read more
Dear Bored Jordan
You have a pretty positive outlook on life which is very refreshing. I think that all you've got to do is change your gears a little more. Here are some suggestions:
- Try getting up earlier one day a week and taking an interesting class at the gym.
- If you can, walk or ride a bike to work one day a week. 15 miles is pretty long, but the fresh air and physical activity might feel very refreshing.
- Even try something as small as driving a different route to work allows you to see some new things.
- Try going grocery shopping for your lunches/dinners at a different store once in a while, or try to go in the morning if you can so that you can avoid the crowds.
- If possible, ask a co-worker or friend to join you in a park for lunch. It's amazing how much of a difference you feel by spending time outside during daylight hours.
- Take a vacation day mid week.
- Make an effort to make plans more often after work. Go home, walk your dog and then go out for dinner more often. Leisurely social interaction is extremely important. Plus, it gets you out of the house and experiencing new things.
I hope this helps. Don't try everything at once, just make one small change per day and see how you feel at the end of the week. Life is sure to become super boring if you don't stop and smell the roses every once in a while.