President Bush just finished running around Africa handing out money and smiles. On Wednesday, Bush confronted critics' concerns regarding US military policy and his AIDS plan.
Speaking in Ghana, Bush said:
I know there’s rumors in Ghana, ‘All Bush is coming to do is to try to convince you to put a big military base here.’ That’s baloney. As they say in Texas, that’s bull.
Bush also suggested that he would abandon the requirement that one-third of AIDS funding be used for abstinence education if there was proof that the approach was failing. According to Bush, the plan is unbelievably effective.
For more on Bush's trip, check out the pictures and captions below.
- Liberia's President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf greets Bush on February 21, 2008.
- Bush starts a t-ball game in Ghana.
- Bush dances at the ceremony after inaugurating the new US Embassy in Rwanda.
- Mr. and Mrs. Bush lay a wreath at a Rwanda genocide memorial.
- Dancers greet Bush when he arrives at the airport in Rwanda.
- Bush greets workers under a mosquito bed net in Tanzania.
- Photo 7
- Photo 8
- Secretary of State Rice greets tribal leaders in Ghana.
- Bush eats with US Peace Corps volunteers at the US Ambassador's residence in Ghana.