Getting ready for a big date can take some extra effort, but can also be a ton of fun. Even if the date isn't so great, at least you've been able to pamper yourself a bit beforehand! I've already come up with a few suggestions when preparing for your night out, but to see my final tips, read more.
- Make sure to dress according to whatever you'll be doing. Don't wear heels if you'll be walking all around town, and don't wear a dress if you're going to a sporting event.
- Of course we all want to feel as sexy as possible, but I think on a big date, comfort is more important. Now I don't recommend pulling out your grandma panties for the occasion, but don't wear undergarments that you have to fidget with all night.
- Make sure your purse is packed properly, with everything you’ll need: lipstick, cell phone, keys, tissue, mints, etc. Even if you don’t use it all, you’ll feel better knowing it’s there.
- Brush your teeth before you walk out the door. Fresh breath is a must.
- Before you leave make sure someone knows where you going, and let them know that you’ll text or call when you make it home. You can never be too safe!
- And remember, keep your expectations realistic. I always think it's better to keep your hopes up and your expectations low. It's a bummer to be disappointed, but a real treat to be surprised.
Is there anything I'm leaving out that you always do before a big date? Let me know in the comments below!