In Esquire's "Women Issue," Lady Gaga's old friend Brendan Sullivan chronicles the singer's rise to monster fame, giving us a glimpse into her pre-Gaga days as Stefani Germanotta. Sullivan says:
The difference between Lady Gaga and every other young singer is that most of the others ask the world, "Do you like the way I sing? Will you buy my record and come to my show?" Gaga tells the world, "I am famous. I was famous before even I had heard of me." She didn't dream of fame. She announced it.
Think you know the pantless pop icon? Here are five Lady G tidbits from the article you may not have known.
- Prior to stardom, she was a go-go dancer sewing her own costumes.
- When she first played "Just Dance" for Interscope Records in early 2008, she danced on a boardroom table.
For the final three Gaga factoids, read more.
- She's a Bruce Springsteen fan and used to enjoy listening to The Boss while drinking wine from pint glasses.
- She creates mood boards for her outlandish outfits and shows.
- Eventually, she wants to be a producer — the "grandmother of pop music."