More than half of you have felt the effects of the economic downturn in your relationship, but just because you're not painting the town as red as you used to, the fun doesn't have to stop. Instead of getting down, start enjoying the simpler life. Here are five ways to help you do just that, and if I've forgotten anything, tell me how you and your partner are spending your nights these days in the comments below.
- Rent a movie (or borrow one from a friend or co-worker), pop some popcorn, and make it movie night at home!
- Invite your friends over for a potluck dinner. Assign each couple a course and trade recipes at the end of the night — it's a great way to expand your recipe box.
If you want more ideas, just read more.
- Make it a romantic night in. Light some candles and take turns massaging each other. I can't think of a better excuse to stay home!
- Use the time you'd usually be out and about to check off your chores list — I'm sure you both have plenty of work to do!
- Scrapbook together. Combine each other's memorabilia boxes and make a scrapbook of your relationship that you both can enjoy.